Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Christmas in July the Rage

I hope you all enjoyed Canada/Independence Day and that your first week back to routine was productive. I myself was able to finish the Signature quilt and also the tree skirt is pieced.. now to convince myself I can machine quilt this!!
I don't know why but I can't convince myself that I can machine quilt.. but each project brings me closer to the realization.. I just don't have time to hand quilt as I used to.. ladies with children I have no idea how you do it. You can see it is another stack and whack but it is so great for all occasions.
I taught a class on Saturday and got a wonderful call from one of the students on how they all had a wonderful time there were 6 ladies and 5 of them were a group of friends... they were great and made the other person that signed up just as welcome. The lady that called at the beginning of the class said "I can't work with bias triangles" and was intimitated... well when she called me she was one of the first to have her blocks completed and is thinking of another one to make when she goes to the cottage.
I felt very proud that someone that was so intimitated can go home and continue independantly the tips and techniques she learned help her conquer her fears. I have another session with them on Sept 15th I will post the pics of what they have accomplished. All of the ladies picked the perfect fabric.

Well running to work.. it is going to be very, very hot here today. Swimming is on my mind when I get home tonight.

Deb

1 comment:

  1. The tree skirt is really pretty.
    I'm so glad you were able to help someone conquer a sewing fear. I have done some teaching myself and it is always a good feeling when people compliment my teaching skills. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...