Sunday, February 8, 2009

cyber friends meet..

I was fortunate to meet a wonderful cyber friend that actually doesn't live to far from me her name is Marg and I met her on a Yahoo group for applique. What a wonderful lady we went to a "Celebrate You" with Quilters Cupboard in Uxbridge. They have this once a year where the students can show what they have done at the workshops and also bring the "other items" not workshop related. I have posted the link to all the quilts that were shown just click on the title above.
I did want to post the 2 happy quilters that met though Marg is on the left and the double chins are me!! diet time I swear it!! after I have another frosty or 2...LOL
From Celebrate You with Quilters Cupboard Feb 09

I also would like to point out and I asked permission from Marg if I was able to post her first applique quilt!! she done a fantastic job I couldn't believe it was her first one!! it is the Jacobean in the middle
From Celebrate You with Quilters Cupboard Feb 09
just awesome I would say for her first one.. imagine what her second one is going to look like.. I know she is working on Vintage Valintine. Marg has no blog but I may have to convince her otherwise!!
I would also like to post the 2 signature quilts that are now done it was a great opportunity to get the pics for both. They will be going to their rightful owners soon.
From Celebrate You with Quilters Cupboard Feb 09

The one on the left is from Fons and Porter summer mag and the one on the right is from a Quilters Newletter Summer mag. I will have to find out the exact volumes for you.
Well get back to stitching I know I have taken up so much of your time but again your visiting and comments are always appreciated.

4 comments:

  1. Deb,
    Please tell Margaret I think she did an incredible job on her applique quilt. It's beautiful!
    Your signature quilts are wonderful. Don't you find it hard to part with them, even though you know they are going to a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many things I want to say!

    First, LOVELY to see you, and your new chum, her quilt is gorgeous!

    Second, thanks for the tip about the sandpaper on the drawing board.

    Third, the quilt show is wonderful! Gorgeous stuff!

    Fourth, thank you for sharing!

    Hugs, Lynda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course there's a double chin, there are two of you silly! ;o)

    How nice to have finally met! Cyber space has been kind to me too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun for you two to meet. Her first applique quilt?!!! Awesome!! and so were the rest of the quilts in the show and tell.

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...