Saturday, February 7, 2009

Getting closer to seeing some work done

I have been working on some quilting items I have 8 of my Dear Jane blocks done and 2 of my Triangles. The fabrics that I am getting on line from a Texas store is absolutely gorgeous.. wait till you see the blocks..I find the more that I do the better the hand stitching is getting. These are all going to be hand pieced and it is really relaxing!!
From Dear Jane
I wanted to post what my favorite tools are for making my DJ.. for one thing I could not survive without my desktop needle threader!! this thing works everytime on "between" needles and we all now how small they are!! so you now you know I use a between needle.. it helps me keep a small stitch and then I have my desktop ott light (got it for 1/2 price!!) that was a bonus. and then the Aurofil thread (cotton) plus everything is on top of my board that I draw my patterns on the material with, it has some fine grain sand paper ...it holds your fabric well while you trace on it so it doesn't stretch on those pesky points..
Here are my blocks
From Dear Jane

From Dear Jane

From Dear Jane
this one is the oops one I made it with the wrong fabric it will become my digital case..
From Dear Jane

From Dear Jane

From Dear Jane

From Dear Jane

From Dear Jane

From Dear Jane

From Dear Jane

The first block was earlier.. If you want to look closer you can click on the pics and they will bring you to the picasa web albums or click on the header and you will get the webshot version.. and then see the slide show
I found that when I did the first 2 blocks they were not as well done but now my stitching is getting better. I used to make my quilts by hand quite a bit when I first started. Then with classes you end up doing machine to keep up. My purpose is to slow down and enjoy Quilting. That is why I wanted to quilt in the first place it is perfect to "unwind".
Thanks for your wonderful words of encouragment and your link to your blog I love to follow all your WIP's (work in progress). Keep posting your lovely blocks
You will see that there are a few BOM for Feb out take a look at the side bar. What would we do without these wonderful generous quilters!! I thank them so much for their creativity and their sharing of their patterns.

6 comments:

  1. your blocks are beautiful
    LOVE the fabric choices
    I enjoy reading your blog and seeing your projects!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are wonderful! I love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Dear Jane blocks (and blog too), very beautiful! I am on the waitlist for 2 BOM's from that same Texas store (DJ and Happy Hauntings), and the fabrics look wonderful. So authentic. I too, love the desktop needle threader, one the best gadgets around! Keep up the great work, your blog is inspiring! Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are great. Hand piecing blocks is totally different than applique. I have done a few and it takes a little practice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are fabulous! I could kick myself for not joining that BOM instead of doing it on my own. Their fabric choices are so great.

    Is that Aurifil thread I see in the picture? I just bought my first spool last week. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely blocks! The fabrics are great. I'm handpiecing my Dear Jane blocks too. It really is relaxing. So much so, that I seem to be working on all sorts of hand stitched projects now. :)

    I keep meaning to try the Aurifil thread... I keep hearing about how nifty it is.

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...