Tuesday, July 13, 2010

more priceless items

This is another quilt I had started about 8 years ago...it was a workshop...I got as far as making all the baskets but didn`t get in the mood to make the flowers
I mentioned this to my Mom and she piped up with I`ll do them...sure okay...this was her first project in applique...she dug through my stash of mostly scraps at the time and started with these gorgeouse blocks







she counted them and said you don`t have enough baskets you need to make more...okay so I have just pulled out the fabric and made 6 more baskets she is now going to take them home and make more precious blocks to go with these others below.



are they not gorgeous she was a beginner at the time and her work was fantastic she just followed Eleanor`s instructions in her book. I love them all and they are dimensional too!!
I was lucky enough at a guild garage sale to pickup another book as above for a $1 with Eleanors siggy in it...I am giving this one to Mom since she likes her so much.

Mom is here with me this week so you know what we are doing. I will post when she is back home what we have done.

17 comments:

  1. Your mother certainly has the knack for applique, they are beautiful!!

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teamwork!!
    Beautiful baskets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They really are beautiful! Eleanor's books are wonderful to work with too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm .... I see a pattern here .... quilting done by a friend, applique done by MOM ....

    Have a great time and I look forward to seeing all those baskets and other stuff you two are doing this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to mention .... your Mom does beautiful work!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to work on something with your mom! The blocks are great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb, your Mom is a natural! Beautiful applique. Enjoy your week together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Great teamwork. Your Mom's applique is beautiful. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mother's work is exquisite, that will make a beautiful quilt. Who will get to keep it - you or your Mum? *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - incredible first timer applique! So fun to work together on a project that is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful blocks and what a treat to be able to make it together with your mom. Marvellous! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful applique! You two are a terrific team!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, you mom did an incredible job. I love to do applique to and am new to it. I need to try that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, a team effort. Your mom has done a fabulous job with the applique.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I only have about 4 flower parts to finish this quilt, it is next up on the UFO list.
    Your mum did lovely work, and what a great way to introduce her to appliqué, Eleanor's is pretty fool proof and kapow results.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today, Sharyn in Kalama

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your mum dos beutiful work! Cant wait to see how this wounderful quilt finic !

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...