Friday, August 13, 2010

Pets on Quilts

SewCalGal has a great idea on people posting pictures of their pets on quilts... I had many pictures on my pc but am not able to get them as you know earlier with all the problems I had. so I dug out my disks and found this one on it.. it is one of my fav`s... as you can see Joey loved to help with laying out the blocks embarrassing to say but this poor quilt is a flimsy and has not been quilted yet...but it is together...LOL he was a handsome gentle kitty...


Brit and I went to the Groomers today..an old one we used to go to till they moved...it was great seeing them again Colleen and Paul they own the pet shop called Muddy Paws..what a great name I know!!!...well they handled my geriatric girl with great care and let me stay with her as she was groomed. I sure wish we had a before and after shot but Colleen took this picture.. Britnee and her chunky mama...and as you can see she is gorgeous...my what big ears you have girl
We were going to Petsmart in Pickering Ontario for a couple of years there was a girl that was grooming her and did a great job.. but the last time I am not sure what happened but they had really chopped up her hair even the girl at the counter told me to bring her back and get her cleaned up...well I guess they didn`t like that cause they had refused us this time...saying that because of her condition that they don`t think that they could be liable for her...
Muddy Paws had no problem I was with them the whole time (only took 1 1/2) and Britnee did exceptional.. so I was very disappointed in Petsmart they thought they were thinking of the dog but in reality when a dog gets comfortable at a groomers it is not good to change.
Lucky for Brit and I Colleen took us in we were long time clients when we first started our life journey together and now we will continue with her in our geriatric journey ahead...so glad that we have wonderful people like her on this earth.
Colleen took this picture of Brit and I after the grooming..Happy Pup..

and not to be left out in any way would be this favorite picutre I found of Molly or should I say Princess Molly... those awesome eyes and bushy tail...

I am working on some quilting projects that are almost at their end will post them soon.. have patience and have a great weekend...

17 comments:

  1. It's good to see your animals again! You're right, when an animal is comfortable it's not good for them to changes especially as they get older. A bit like people too *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh don't those pets love to get on a WIP. It is just the best. I am glad you found someone who will treat your fur baby with the dignity and respect that is deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely WIP. Thanks for showing your sweet Joey and blessings to Muddy Paws.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pics of your pets, and your quilt is beautiful :)

    thank you for sharing

    SheilaC

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great pic of your pet on your quilt!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joey is a very goodlooking guy. Definitely looks cute on your beautiful quilt. Love it. Thanks for sharing, and for all the insights you shared. Just delightful.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, I deleted the previous message as I got brit's name wrong. Oops. Brit, Molly and your quilt are all lovely. Thanks for showing them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see it done!! Great job so far!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful family and I love the understanding you have for them. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pets are adorable and your quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing your quilt and your "family" with us. Beautiful cats, and you can't help but to smile when you see the picture of Brit!
    nsue21702 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your furry family! Beauriful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Joey looks awesome on your pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Joey helping you with the layout has solved the mystery of my my cats keep disturbing all my blocks. They must be telling me that they are in the wrong order!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. When our Golden Retriever was still with us she would always lay right in the middle of a quilt I was laying out. Always. I had to lock her in a room just to get it done. And if I was every foolish enough to leave the blocks on the floor overnight I would wake up to blocks that were wrinkled from Golden Retrieved body heat pressing into them.

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...