Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Prepping for Christmas at Mom`s

Boarders for Basket Quilt
I have just finished prepping for the boarders on the basket quilt. I am very excited. I always get nervous when I get to the applique boarder part I am not sure why. I have 2 other quilts that are done but need their applique boarder. I think I will get them ready too. I am ready for the challenge...VBG. I don`t think this turned out so bad.
a wee too much stemming going on

old new holes

another Frill Seeker!!
One of them could use this stemming as well. I think I may have made a little to much...as you can see it is a huge pile...stem anyone...all bias now to press it and wrap it















I also got my ears repierced the girl that did it was really super. I had 2 holes and wanted them reopened. Didn`t hurt much, she was very patient in stretching the holes and put these sleepers in. I have incentive to do this Mother bought a pair of earings she cannot wear. They are sterling silver and they are quilt blocks, I will show you when I get back




Then I have also been knitting another Frill seeker scarf it is different the frill is much shorter and these are mothers colours so you know who this will be going to!


See ya in the new year looks like a green Christmas for us....good for the travellers

6 comments:

  1. It took me until I was 30YO and had already given birth, to have my ears pierced! Looking forward to seeing your new earrings. That border is lovely, can't wait to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your flower border!!! You really do have a lot of bias stemming left but better to have too much than to be short by a bit. Good going on the re-piercing. I sometimes think I should do that but then just shove an earring in. It hasn't been all that long since I wore them, I guess. My oldest daughter's birthday is Friday and she wants to learn to knit and sew. Finally. So we're having our first knitting lesson. Wish her luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your borders look good! There's no such thing as too much bias stems ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely boarders. Just found you today for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doing applique borders is not my favorite thing. Looks like you have things well under control with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb,
    The borders look fabulous. Can't wait to see the finished quilt. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...