Monday, January 2, 2012

New Years Day 2012 Hurray!!

Basket of Posies
Basket of Posies is almost done I am working on the boarders Sandy let me use her design wall to put up the blocks for a preview. I am so happy with the results. It is a great incentive when you are able to see your quilt like this!!

Sandy also is working on a gorgeous quilt as you can see we were not board. Sandy is always a character and totally entertaining. We spent New Years Day quilting of course that is the only way to start a new year...
Sandy with her new quilt made with charms and strips

Sandy`s gorgeous Love Letters
We also got to see her Love Letters on her design board for the first time Sandy picked out all her own fabric from her stash to make this gorgeous quilt. We have decided this will be in her `hope chest`. 2 more blocks Sandy!! We both started at the same time I am on block 4 reason is the first quilt but I will get back to mine.
Sandy and Guido

This is her Guido he sings lots and is very loving as you can see I could not resist this photo of her.  Then the quilt below she pulls out, she had pieced this long ago and is still thinking of what boarder, I love this one too...


Another Sandy Quilt thinking on boarder














All is all it was a great day except for the heavy rain that fell all day but that only makes the rest of the year look so much brighter.
I would like to thank those that have followed me throughout the year of 2011 and sure hope to share more with you in 2012, friends till the end.
I have been viewing many of the blogs and I see that many have taken advantage of the holidays and completed some UFO`s I hope you have a chance to surf the quilting blogs.
You will also see some new sidebar buttons go look you may be enticed by the 2012 BOM.

10 comments:

  1. I love your baskets quilt! The empty baskets at the top and bottom and the flowers and handles down the sides look really good. Is Love Letters from a book? It reminds me of Blackbird patterns.

    Happy New Year and wishes for lots of quilting time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, your basket of poises is wonderful. Great quilt. Happy New Years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous quilts....Basket of Posies is scrumptious! Guido is a lovely kitty, we have a friendly cat too, we say she is the world's friendliest cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love your basket of posies! Your friends Love Letters is wonderful too! What a great way to start the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun to work with a friend and inspire each other. Great start to the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I have two blocks of Love Letters done. That has been a good while since I made them. I need to get back to the project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quilts! I just love your posy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow .... talk about eye candy .... lots to drool over, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a fun New Years Day... hope it continues throughout 2012... Always anxious to see your quilts and what you are working on... Happy Quilting ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all these wonderful projects that both you and Sandy have been working on. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...