Monday, August 13, 2012

Sunday


100_4022
someone gets to relax
100_4012
while I am chaining
100_4013
pinning
100_4014
clipping
100_4026
to make my blocks for my 1812 Block Swap, only 16 of these they are 8 1/2in so the HST are odd they are only 1 7/8ths Pattern again from Judy Hopkins 501 Rotary Cut Blocks I just love this book the colours are geared to that period and most quilts were star patterns. This is called Crown and Star.
100_4024100_4023
Finished hand quilting this mini it is 18in x 14in just putting the binding on. Started this on Friday it went real fast with that Baptiste Fan quilting.
100_4025
Thought you could see the stitching better on the back.
Well it will be probably be quiet around the blog now I am back at work so that will eat up some quilting time.  This was most helpful while trying to get over my virus and then allergic reaction to the cure x2. I am not one to take antibiotics and now I know why!
Have a great week and thanks to those new people that are visiting and all your wonderful comments. Thanks to those that keep coming back I love to hear from you. To those that are enjoying silently thanks for taking the time to visit.

6 comments:

  1. Well now......that is one relaxed puss! Crown and Star is an interesting block, isn't it? Your little mini is very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful quilt blocks Deb. I'm impressed with the precision! Machine piecing isn't my favorite thing to do. Hope you have a good week at work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another sweet finish .... keep them coming!

    Love that Lone Star!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great block! And your mini is lovely. The baptist fan quilt pattern is very enjoyable to quilt and it always looks so good when finished. Very rewarding.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even when you are sick you seem to get a lot done. You are amazing.
    Maryk

    ReplyDelete
  6. great block. chain piecing can be relaxing.

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...